Thursday, April 1, 2010

Gym Memberships.

I took a few minutes this morning to research the cost of gym memberships. What I learned was astounding. Some of the websites I searched had NO info at all on their webpage letting me know what I would be paying. They wanted me to come in and find out.

I did research 3 Major Gyms. Bally, 24 Hour Fitness, and YMCA.

I found prices on memberships on their sites however I did have to search a bit.

So let's talk about Bally for a sec. I found that Bally wants you to pay all fees, 1st and last months membership up front. They then charge you $19.99 a month. $79.99 enrollment fee. So up front you pay $144.97 due at signing. This is all public knowledge on their site if you don't believe me.

That's $144.97 that you could have spent on a P90x, ChaLean Extreme, or an Insanity program. Even with S&H from Beachbody it is still cheaper than $144.97.

The $144.97 does not include visits with a personal trainer either.

So why pay $144.97, by the way plus gas to drive to this gym, when you can pay LESS and never leave the house! Also, workout when you want!

Let's move on. Next gym I looked up was 24 hour fitness. Now 24 hour fitness offers $0 down, but plans from $26.99-$29.99 a month. If you want to add a person you'll pay an extra $24.99.

I also found that with 24 hour fitness you can get 3 50-minute Personal trainer sessions for $129.00. Just THREE sessions. For $129.00 with Beachbody you can get TWO count em TWO total body transformation workouts. You could get a Turbo Jam AND the Brazil Butt lift for less than $129.00.

And that's TWO workouts that would keep you occupied for a long time and shed pounds. Again, without leaving the house and wasting gas.

Next we have YMCA. With YMCA I found you need to pay $75 at signup then $61 a month for one person. (this may vary by location)
For just the $75 sign up alone you can get the first set of Turbo Jam:Maximum results and still have money left over. And, I repeat again, no wasting gas.

So let's see:

Bally: $19.99 for 12 months. $239.88 (You could get the P90X DELUXE package for $239.70. When I say deluxe, it comes with MUCH more than just the regular P90X package. AND you can be in top shape in 90 days versus 12 months!)

24 Hour Fitness: Lowest at $26.99 a month. $323.88 (You could get the INSANITY DELUXE package for
$239.70. Again, the deluxe packages come with everything needed to get in top shape. AND with Insanity you could be in top shape in 60 days vs 12 months.)

YMCA: $61 for 12 months. $732. (Do I really have to explain this one? There's a TON of in home Beachbody programs you can get with this!)

The above Beachbody prices are also regular prices. If you are a Team Beachbody Club member you also get 10% off ALL purchases. Club memberships are still cheaper than what you would pay for a Gym membership for a year. Want an even BIGGER discount? Sign up as a Coach and get 25% off ALL purchases and also MAKE money!

SO which would you choose? A gym that you have to drive to and waste gas? A gym that you may pay for and never even go to because you are sucked into some contract? A gym that you may use, but not exactly know what you are doing once you start your workout?

OR a predesigned workout from Beachbody that gives you a TOTAL body transformation without leaving your house? One that you do when YOU choose to. One that offers support and tips coming from a Coach like myself that has been where you may be now and can relate.

I think it's a simple choice. :o)





No comments:

Post a Comment